Subject: Autism
From: Bill Perry <[email-masked]>
To: Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:17:36 -0500

Kathy, please forward to teachers to forward to parents by posting on 
website and email. Thanks.

Krystal Willhite
Dear Parents and Families,

I've met many of you through evaluation of your children the past few 
years. Most of you asked to talk to others who have children or 
teenagers that might be like your child with that mysterious diagnosis 
of Asperger's Syndrome (also known as High Functioning Autism,  Autism 
Spectrum Disorder, PDD-NOS, etc.).  In Southeast Kansas, it is sometimes 
difficult to make these connections due to busy schedules and the 
distance involved.  Parents have asked me to help organize a parents 
"get together" and use PSH&TC as a central meeting place.  This will be 
an opportunity for moms, dads, children, and teens to meet and get to 
know one another!!

SUNDAY APRIL 20th   1:00 to 3:00 pm

Media Studio at PSH&TC  Parsons, Kansas

We will divide in three groups:

(1)   parents of children with Asperger's Syndrome in Media,

(2) children with AS ages 6 to 12 will go to the education building 
conference room, and

(3) teens with AS ages 13 to 17 will go to the lounge/pool table area 
over the gym.

I have arranged for supervision by PSHTC staff who have volunteered and 
by students who are taking my communication language development class 
this semester.  We will have games, activities, and snacks available, 
although, anyone may bring their own special ones as well.

Please share this letter with others or bring another parent involved 
with Asperger's! Please RSVP by  April 14, 2008  so I'll know how many 
to prepare for.  I can't wait to see everybody!

Rebecca Flaton-Koehler

(620) 421-6550 X 1682  or  [email-masked]

Parsons State Hospital and Training Center

2601 Gabriel Ave, Parsons, KS

 >